Wishes Wedding DJ is a trading name of Rob Star Entertainments and the specialist wedding divison all paperwork and receipts will show Rob Star Entertainments trading as wishes wedding DJ terms and conditions for wishes wedding DJ are the same as Rob Star Entertainments see below.
Terms and Conditions
Rob Star Entertainments Terms and Conditions
1. A booking is not deemed to be confirmed until a non-refundable reservation fee agreed between Rob Star Entertainments and the Customer has been paid.
2. Full financial settlement to take place no later than 7 days or (14 if payment is by Cheque) before the date of the event. If additional performance time is required, the fee for such time must be agreed with, and paid to Rob Star Entertainments Host at that time, the fee for such overtime is £40 per 30 minutes or part thereof, payable in cash, at the time of requesting extra time. This is subject to the conditions of the Venue, and is at the Rob Star Entertainments Hosts discretion.
3. These terms and conditions reflect the verbal agreements, and shall include any terms and conditions agreed prior to its issue, and shall be deemed accepted unless a written objection is received within 31days of the issuing date of contracts sent. No alterations may be made to this contract by either you (the Customer) or us (Rob Star Entertainments) without approval by both you (the Customer) and us (Rob Star Entertainments).
4. In the event of you (the Customer) wishing to cancel this contract for any reason other than Act of God or National Disaster, any advance payment made will be forfeited. If the cancellation is within two weeks of the event 100% of the agreed fee will be payable. If the cancellation is within three calendar months of the event 50% of the agreed fee will be payable. If the cancellation is more than three calendar months from the date of the event only the non-refundable reservation fee will be forfeited.
5. Rob Star Entertainments reserve the right to substitute a similar entertainer in the event of Rob Star Entertainments Hosts being unable to appear for any reason.
6. You (the customer) agree that the confirmed start and finish times that you have supplied are correct and accurate.You the customer will ensure the owner or management of the venue allow suitable time and full clear access for the installation and dismantling, and removal of equipment (normally 1 hour)Rob Star entertainments needs full access to set up and start on time. Anything out of Rob Star entertainments Control which prevents set up may mean that start times are affected and no refund will be given for time lost. Rob Star Entertainments will not be held responsible for any consequential timing issues if full set up access is not provided.
7. You the customer must also ensure that safe and adequate power of at least two 13 Amp sockets are available.and that the set up space /stage and dance area are clear and safe for Rob Star Entertainments to set up.
8. Rob Star Entertainments ensures that all equipment that requires connection to the mains power source is electrically safe. All equipment will also have passed portable appliance tests (PAT) and certificates are available to be viewed upon request.
9. Rob Star Entertainments and their Hosts will conduct themselves in a proper manner throughout their time at the venue, and will respond to you the customers requests as to volume, placement (as appropriate and if possible) of equipment and, or any other reasonable requests.
10. Rob Star Entertainments shall be in no way liable for breach of bye-laws, or conditions under which the venue is leased, hired or entrusted to you the customer. You the customer also ensure that all appropriate licenses, as required by law, are in force at the time of the event.
11. Rob Star Entertainments may take photographs or video recordings at events these may be used in future promotional materials. If you, (the Customer) object to this, please notify Rob Star Entertainments before the date of the event. Copies of photographs and videos, if possible, may be obtainable from Rob Star Entertainments – please ask for details.
12. You the customer must provide adequate supervision of all your guests at the venue, and will be liable for any loss or damage to the equipment caused by guests, customers and/or staff.
13. Rob Star Entertainments offers assurance that no previous contract exists that may prevent them from fulfilling the event referred to in this contract and subsequently, no such contract will be entered into from the date of signing.
14. You (the customer) agree it is your responsibility to ensure that the venue allows and is prepared for any supplied smoke or haze effects or optional extras purchased by you the customer. Often rooms used for Functions require low sensitivity smoke detectors, or isolated smoke detector circuits for Haze and Smoke machines to be used without setting off alarms. Rob Star Entertainments is unable to offer refunds if such effects cannot be used due to the environment and the correct safe guards being in place .Rob Star Entertainments will not be held responsible for any consequential loss or costs whatsoever if smoke or haze machines set off alarms when we have not been notified that they must not be used by you the customer or the venue management before set up.
15.Rob Star Entertainments reserves the right to censor any music or karaoke requests that may be considered inappropriate or offensive for the event. Rob Star entertainments encourages playlist submission but also reserves the right to choose the songs played and the sequence of songs played (except pre agreed sequences such as first dances and final song) for the good of the majority and the flow of the event.
16. Rob Star Entertainments operates a zero tolerance policy regarding abuse of its work colleagues, whether verbal or physical, actual or implied. You (the customer) are responsible for the behaviour of your guests at all times, and are responsible for providing any security necessary to police your guests.In the event of any actual or threatened abuse, the Rob Star Entertainments host may turn the music down, and request that the matter is dealt with. The music will be left turned down for up to 15 minutes, and if the problem is not dealt with in the 15 minutes, Rob Star Entertainments has the right to refuse to play on, and may pack up and go. In such circumstances the full fee is still payable, and any damages or loss to the DJ equipment will be reclaimed from you the Customer. Any illegal behaviour will be reported to the police.
17. Rob Star Entertainments operates a zero tolerance policy towards drugs, under-age drinking or any other illicit behaviour; Rob Star Entertainments will not be a party to such behaviour. Such actions as detailed above may be taken in these circumstances
18. Force Majeure – Rob Star entertainments will not be liable for failing to attend a booking, where the reason for non-attendance or late arrival is caused by adverse weather conditions (including Snow & Flooding), road closure, road traffic accident, vehicle breakdown, fuel shortages, acts of terrorism, industrial action, or other unavoidable circumstances deemed beyond our control. Rob star Entertainments will not be held responsible for any consequential loss whatsoever.
19.Sound limiters are a device fitted at some venues. Sound limiters cut the disco’s power if the volume exceeds a pre-set level, BUT they are often set too low or incorrectly. They can also be triggered to cut off the power by singing, cheering or clapping. This may spoil the evening and also cause damage to our equipment. Therefore, we don’t usually accept bookings in buildings with these devices, so please inform us if your venue has one.
Rob Star Entertainments cannot be held responsible for very low sound levels at venues which have Sound Limiters fitted. If you know your chosen venue has a sound limiter, please let us know when contacting us. Rob Star Entertainments reserve the right to decline entertainment at venues with sound limiter installed.
20.If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with our service you must raise this at the time, rectifications can not be made at a later date.